- Why Us
- Our Crew
Welcome to More Local, your Experiential Travel Operator in Colombia. We are a group of travel aficionados committed to promoting cultural tourism, community-based tourism and eco-tourism in Colombia. We are all about highlighting the human aspect of travel.
All of our tours and excursions in Colombia embrace responsible travel and incorporate eco-friendly practices. A percentage of each travel experience sold is automatically allocated to our meaningful travel project in San Juan de Soco, Colombian Amazon and a reforestation project in Antioquia & Nariño.
At More Local we design our own itineraries based on the independent-style of travel we love to do ourselves, so although we travel as a small group, you will not lose your independence. We operate directly through local community-based partners to ensure you travel the local way.
Our travel experiences can also be tailor-made.
Tour the magnificent Amazon Rainforest and enjoy your holiday in South America. Visit Colombia, Brazil and Peru. Starting point Leticia.
4 Nights & 5 Days
- Discover community-based tourism in Colombia
- Share with Huitoto and Ticuna communities
- Spot rare birds and pink dolphins
- Feast on homegrown exotic produce
Taste exquisite coffees and meet friendly locals in aromatic Quindio, the heart of Colombia´s Coffee Triangle. Enjoy touring Colombia.
3 Nights & 4 Days
- Become a coffee connoisseur
- Ride a horse through wide open pastures
- Explore the charming town of Salento
- Discover Cocora Valley on a Willy´s Jeep
Only a short trip away from Bogota, the Altiplano, is ideal for a rewarding weekend escapade. Discover cultural and community-based tourism.
2 Nights & 3 Days
- Tour Colombia and discover Villa de Leyva
- Get involved in a traditional wool-workshop
- Visit an organic farm in Guasca
- Learn pottery arts from a local family in Raquira
Visit Colombia; from the breathtaking Savanna to the wild Amazon, through charming Quindio and back to Bogota - a complete Colombia travel experience.
11 Nights & 12 Days
- Discover responsible tourism in the coffee region
- Enjoy hiking in Colombia`s highlands
- Travel to the Amazon Rainforest
- Experience cultural tourism in Colombia
Guasca is an underrated spot with lots to offer. It is also the perfect rural location for a short break from Bogota. A great weekend escapade.
1 Night & 2 Days
- Visit an organic farm
- Enjoy hiking in Encenillo nature reserve
- Try your luck at trout fishing
- Hike to the 3 Muisca lagoons of Siecha
Located only a few hours away from Bogota, Villa de Leyva is one of the most iconic and picturesque towns in Boyaca. An ideal rural break.
1 Night & 2 Days
- Travel to Villa de Leyva
- Meet authentic campesinos
- Play Colombia´s unofficial national game - Tejo
- Enjoy a pottery activity in beautiful Raquira